[OS X TeX] How to convert eps w/bounding box to pdf retaining Bbox info

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Fri Aug 11 13:20:32 CEST 2006

On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 01:21:07AM +0200, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 10.08.2006 um 23:58 schrieb Siep Kroonenberg:
>
> >do shell script ("/bin/sh -c 'export PATH=" & sPath & " ; " &
> >posixPath & "/epspdftk.rb'")
>
> This would be easier (in SHELL syntax): env PATH=<some value> <some
> application or script that needs it>
>
> or
>
> 	do shell script ("env PATH=" & sPath & " " & posixPath & "/
> epspdftk.rb")
>

> The problem obviously is that your application has a much too short
> default PATH value, which is then passed into (or inherited by) the
> environment of every process it launches. Do you think the following
> lines would give different results:
>
> 	osascript -e 'do shell script "bash -c   env | grep -w PATH"'
> 	osascript -e 'do shell script "bash -lc  env | grep -w PATH"'
> 	osascript -e 'do shell script "tcsh -c   env | grep -w PATH"'
> 	osascript -e 'do shell script "tcsh -ic  env | grep -w PATH"'
> 	osascript -e 'do shell script "$SHELL -c env | grep -w PATH"'
>
> I've created "test" accounts that use bash or csh as login shells. I
> think I could need two others with zsh or ksh ... and a hardcore one
> with sh! Plus another set of accounts without ~/.MacOSX/
> environment.plist.

A non-login shell started from the terminal inherits the
environment. A login shell doesn't. If the non-default shell is
configured differently or not at all then the login non-default
shell will give a different answer. I tested this with a test
account.

As to your previous mail:

do shell script "echo $PATH"

apparently gives the system path with /Users/<current user> added,
whatever may be configured for the login shell.

I believe that I had better not count on a sane environment under OS X.
If Ghostscript or pdftops aren't found then I'll search for them in
some additional directories.

The next release, maybe later today, shall contain code to that
effect. I'll package the applescript separately. This is strictly
for my own convenience.

--
Siep Kroonenberg