[OS X TeX] Re: How to convert eps w/bounding box to pdf retaining Bbox info

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 22:32:48 CEST 2006

Markus Hänchen wrote:

> General question, what is the advantage of pdflatex compared to
> tex+ghostscript, if every time I create a new graph, I first have to
> save it as eps and than to convert it to a pdf (o.k. strictly speaking
> this applies only to Igor graphs in my case since I can automate it
> with Matlab as shown here)?

I suppose that it depends on what you are using to create a new graph. I
create in Intaglio, Save As e.g. "graph.Intaglio" in a folder called
"Graphs" and Save A Copy As "graph.pdf" in a folder called "Figures".
The pdf is cropped and the two Save remember their respective folders.

If only I knew how to write scripts, I suppose that it could all be done
with one button.

Regards
--schremmer