[OS X TeX] How to convert eps w/bounding box to pdf retaining Bbox info

Chris Goedde cgoedde at condor.depaul.edu
Thu Aug 10 16:27:29 CEST 2006

On Aug 10, 2006, at 9:07 AM, Markus Hänchen wrote:

> The only work-around I have found is to define a different document
> size, be it in Illustrator or when creating a pdf directly out of
> Matlab (there one is limited to a number of fixed paper sizes)
> before saving as a pdf. This is quite cumbersome.
>
> Is there a better way to produce high-quality graphs with pdflatex
> without going the route of high-resolution bitmaps, especially for
> graphs coming from Igor or Matlab?

Try epstopdf. I do the following in Matlab. First I print with the -
depsc2 driver [e.g. print('-depsc2', 'filename.eps')] and then I do:

system('PATH="$PATH:/usr/local/bin"; export PATH; /usr/local/teTeX/
bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/epstopdf --outfile ''filename.pdf''
''filename.eps''');

I forget exactly why I put the path stuff in there.

--
Chris Goedde