[OS X TeX] Changing Tex parameters (retry)

Christoph Schiller cs at motionmountain.net
Thu Apr 13 16:40:15 CEST 2006

As a user of the Minion font package, I need to redump  the
format in order to increase "words of font info" (tetex on Macosx),
the line that appears in the statistics in the log file.
What *exactly* do I have to do (at least for pdflatex)?
I have a clean, new tex installation, made with iinstaller, on OSX 10.4,
a few days ago. I tried

(1) to look for
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
searched for font_mem_size,
put a new line with a higher value in /usr/local/teTeX/texmf.cnf
Result: no effect.

(2) to edit /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
Result: no effect.

(3) to do
  sudo -H fmtutil-sys --all  (this does the redumping)
Result: no effect.

(4) to ask gerben wierda, to post on comp.text.tex
Result: no new options

None of this changes the "words of font info" in the log file.
It might be that I make a stupid mistake, but I cannot find it.

I want to typeset the new version of my free physics text,
to be made available as soon as possible, but I am stuck.
( see www.motionmountain.net )
I cannot do it, because the "words of font info" are
stuck at 2 000 000, which is not enough.

Can anybody help? Thanks in advance!

                             Christoph Schiller