[OS X TeX] inputting figures that are pfd files

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Mon Apr 10 12:33:08 CEST 2006

>Jose> All I meant that you can generate the .bb file (with the bounding box
>Jose> information) from the .pdf file by running ebb on it.  In my
>Jose> experience at least, whenever I include .pdf files without either a
>Jose> .bb file  or specifying a bounding box in the \includegraphics
>Jose> command, the graphics do not appear.  However I have never experienced
>Jose> the same error that you described.

I use pdf includes quite a lot, and I never have to use ebb nor to specify
a bounding box. It might be that the OP's PDF file has too much white space
around [Overfull \hbox (159.5385pt too wide)] or it doesn't have its size
properly inside. Cropping it with the pdfcrop script or manually with
Preview may solve the problem.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>