[OS X TeX] Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest #1507 - 09/27/05

George Nurser agn at noc.soton.ac.uk
Fri Sep 30 17:39:25 CEST 2005

I apologize, because I'm sure that the answer to this is fairly well
known.

I've just upgraded to Tiger and would like to update my TeX
distribution from one dating from 2003. Two obvious questions.

1. which is the recommended distribution?
2. Do I need to uninstall the old one first?

--if so, I have a problem: e.g. texbinaries doesn't seem to be on the
website anymore

If I click on my copy of texbinaries.ii2 (in /Users/agn/Documents/i-
Packages/) --it won't uninstall because it can't find
http://tug.org/i-packages/texbinaries.ii2.

Is a simple crude removal of /usr/local/tetex feasible, or is this
unwise?

regards, George Nurser.