[OS X TeX] PDF layout that fits PowerBook Screen

Christopher Allen Christopher.T.Allen.95 at Alum.Dartmouth.ORG
Sat Sep 24 16:15:42 CEST 2005

> A while ago on this mailing list, someone hinted that there's a
> program, Tofu, to convert the layout of a document so each page would
> fit the screen like the PowerBook better than the conventional Letter
> size layout. By that, it reduces the needs and the repetitive up and
> down mouse movement. I tried it for a while, and found the idea was
> good. Unfortunately, that program doesn't work well for PDF (not
> perfect for complicated text file either.)
>
> This prompts me to ask:
>
> (1) Is there *any* solution alike for external PDF's?
>
> (2) Is it possible to compile my own locally generated PDF's (from
> LaTeX) so it would fit the screen of the PowerBook?

I actually really like the single page view in TeXShop for this. If
you set the view to single page, it keeps the same relative position
to a page as you move from one page to another. You still have to set
it where you want it when you open the file, but only that once. So,
if you're working with a large file, it saves a lot of scrolling. If
you're working with lots of one page files, it won't help much.

Chris