[OS X TeX] pdftex/pdflatex

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Mon Sep 19 22:22:10 CEST 2005

>PD> -rwxr-xr-x  1 pete  staff  1191620  7 Sep 23:17
>PD>  /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdfetex

>PD> As you see *I* am the owner of pdfetex, although I can swear a few oaths
>PD> that it was admin who installed the software (and it's usually me who uses
>PD> it).

I checked it in mine, and it has owner 501, which by default is the first
user you install. In this case it is you, but actually I think it is
Gerben. On my system 501 is not a user and I have a different number
because I manually changed that to be the same as on our Unix systems. So
apparently i-Installer forgets to set the owner of these files.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>