[OS X TeX] Sync with ConTeXt

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Sep 18 16:37:48 CEST 2005

On Sep 17, 2005, at 10:50 PM, Axel E. Retif wrote:

> Right now I'm using TeXShop with a 320 pages book of 9 \include(d)
> chapters. Jumping from source to pdf always works at first try;
> from pdf to source sometimes I have to click in nearby places until
> I get to the right place in the source, but it almost always works.
>
> In fact, this TeXShop feature is the reason I bought Tiger in the
> first place.
>
> Best,
>
> Axel

Howdy,

My experience is that it works fine if you try to look for a region
of plain text since otherwise the search has a hard time finding a
corresponding match. After all the mark up and output are not a
simple one-to-one text match. I find it remarkably good if not
perfect. I rarely use pdfsync any more, this is ``close enough for
all practical purposes.''

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)