[OS X TeX] New List Archive

mark oilcan markoilcan at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 15 17:14:14 CEST 2005

--- "Gary L. Gray" <gray at engr.psu.edu> wrote:

> For years, the archive for this list has been stored at:
>
> http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/MacOSX-TeX-Digests/
>
> There have been a large number of complaints about it (e.g., it
> wasn't threaded, messages show email addresses, the search doesn't
> work well, it isn't updated every day, ...), but it was the best I
> could do with the time available (given enough time, I could install
>
> and learn some automated tool -- ah, if only there were 36 hours in a
>
> day). With this venting behind me, I would like to announce that a
> much better version of almost all the messages for this list can be
> found at:
>
> http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/
>
> I have added this URL to the information posted to the bottom of
> every message sent to the list. I will leave the old archive up since
>
> it contains messages from the first year of the list that cannot be
> found at the archive on TUG's web site. In addition, links on the Mac
>
> OS X TeX web site have been changed to reflect the nicer archive
> found at TUG.
>
> I hope the better/stronger/faster archive at TUG is useful to
> everyone.
>
> All the best,
>
> -- Gary

A threaded and searchable archive is also available (and has been for
quite some time) at gmane, http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.macosx

I've always wondered why this was not pointed to on the OS X TeX web
site.... Thanks for the tug.org pointer, though, as I actually often
prefer this format to gmane.

Mark A