[OS X TeX] New List Archive

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Thu Sep 15 04:47:09 CEST 2005

For years, the archive for this list has been stored at:

http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/MacOSX-TeX-Digests/

There have been a large number of complaints about it (e.g., it
wasn't threaded, messages show email addresses, the search doesn't
work well, it isn't updated every day, ...), but it was the best I
could do with the time available (given enough time, I could install
and learn some automated tool -- ah, if only there were 36 hours in a
day). With this venting behind me, I would like to announce that a
much better version of almost all the messages for this list can be
found at:

http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/

I have added this URL to the information posted to the bottom of
every message sent to the list. I will leave the old archive up since
it contains messages from the first year of the list that cannot be
found at the archive on TUG's web site. In addition, links on the Mac
OS X TeX web site have been changed to reflect the nicer archive
found at TUG.

I hope the better/stronger/faster archive at TUG is useful to everyone.

All the best,

-- Gary