[OS X TeX] Duplicate fontmaps

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Sep 9 17:07:45 CEST 2005

Le 9 sept. 05 à 16:49, Alan Munn a écrit :

> Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
> (file /usr/
> local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map):
> fontmap entr
> y for `mtex' already exists, duplicates ignored
>
> Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
> (file /usr/
> local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map):
> fontmap entr
> y for `mtsy' already exists, duplicates ignored
>
> Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
> (file /usr/
> local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map):
> fontmap entr
> y for `rmtmi' already exists, duplicates ignored
>
> I think this is because I have activated two maps for the same
> font, but I don't know how to figure out which map to deactivate,
> based on the warning.
>
> There are three maps that contain 'mt' in them:  mt-belleek, mt-yy
> and mt-plus.  Should I be disabling one or more of these?  If so,
> which ones, and why?

mtex, mtsy and rmtmi are the MathTime 1.1 fonts (math fonts to
accompany the Times font). The fonts are commercial, and were sold by
Y&Y <http://www.tug.org/yandy/> (on Windows) and Blue Sky Research
<http://www.bluesky.com/products/mathtime.html> (on Mac). Hence the
map file mt-yy.

Then a free clone, called Belleek, was done by True TeX <http://
www.truetex.com/>. Hence the map file mt-belleek.

The MathTime Plus fonts were a commercial set of complementary fonts
(small caps, math bold italic, etc.) released later. They are now
sold, I think, by PCTeX <http://www.pctex.com/
additional.html#mathtime>. Hence the map file mt-plus.

So yes, you cannot have the two maps mt-yy and mt-belleek activated
together: it's either one, or the other. If you don't own the
MathTime fonts (1.1 or Plus), then you don't need mt-yy and mt-plus;
if you own them, then you don't need mt-belleek.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>