[OS X TeX] Switching from dvips+gs to pdftex

Chris Goedde cgoedde at condor.depaul.edu
Thu Sep 8 21:45:47 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I'm thinking of switching from dvips+gs to pdftex. Doing the switch in
TeXShop is easy, but I have lots of tex files with included eps
figures, using the \epsfbox command from epsf.sty as the inclusion
mechanism.  Fortunately, this is all in my own personalized style file
for figures, so I only need to change things in one place. My questions
are: (a) what's the best package for including figures in pdftex? and
(b) Is there a way to get TeX to do the conversion of legacy eps files
on the fly?

Thanks,

Chris Goedde

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>