[OS X TeX] Installation of informal math fonts

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Sep 6 11:13:56 CEST 2005

Le 6 sept. 05 à 10:52, Christof Janssen a écrit :

> I am not at all familiar with the internals of latex packages. I
> tried to install the ifmath fonts of Micropress on my G4 PB running
> under OS 10.4 using Gerben Wierdas tetex.  I tried to follow both,
> the hints that are given by Micropress and the article of Bruno
> Voisin about "Installing Fonts for Latex on OS X". Accordingly I
> created tfm/micropress/ifmath/, type1/micropress/ifmath, afm/ifmath
> and even /pfm/micropress/ifmath subdirectories in my local ~/
> Library/texmf/fonts folder. I also put the provided (Micropress)
> map file and the fd files in ~/Library/texmf/dvips/ifmath and ~/
> Library/texmf/tex/latex/ifmath . VF fonts were not provided and I
> didn't install them. First of all I am confused that the Micropress
> fonts don't seem to follow the standard naming conventions for tex
> fonts. Is this the case and is that important ?

The naming shouldn't be important. Regarding the directory for the
map files, the teTeX directory layout has changed and it should now
be ~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/ifmath, but I don't think that
matters.

What's missing is more probably running updmap at the end of the
installation:

     sudo updmap --enable Map ifmath.map

(replace ifmath.map by the name of the map file).

Hope this helps,

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>