[OS X TeX] Need help reinstalling Lucida fonts

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Oct 6 11:31:38 CEST 2005

Le 5 oct. 05 à 20:44, Chris Goedde a écrit :

> I figured out the answer eventually, so I'll post it for the
> archives. The step I missed was to uncomment the two lines that
> refer to lucidabr.map and lumath.map in the file .../texmf.local/
> web2c/updmap.cfg. After that, running updmap enables the fonts.

You shouldn't edit updmap.cfg yourself. Instead you should run (I
hope I understood correctly Gerben's indications about updmap-sys and
updmap):

sudo updmap-sys --enable Map lucidabr.map
sudo updmap-sys --enable Map lumath.map
sudo updmap-sys --enable Map lucidabr-o.map
sudo updmap-sys --enable Map lumath-o.map

The first two map files are for Karl-Berry-style file names
(hlhr8y.tfm etc.) and the last two files for the original Y&Y file
names (lbr.tfm etc.). These names relate to the TFM metrics files,
not to the PFB font files themselves which retain their original Y&Y
names (lbr.pfb etc.).

You don't need to rename these PFB files to Karl-Berry-style
(hlhr8a.pfb etc.). If for some reason you do (and only in that case),
then you must replace the first two lines above by:

sudo updmap-sys --enable Map lucidabr-k.map
sudo updmap-sys --enable Map lumath-k.map

Some more compatibility stuff regarding the two styles of file names
is done (automatically, you don't have to bother about it) in the
file /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/aliases.

Hope this helps,

Bruno Voisin