[OS X TeX] TeX & Mathematica 5.2

David Derbes loki at uchicago.edu
Tue Nov 29 00:06:33 CET 2005

This may not be what Themis et. al. have in mind, but...

I use Mathematica mostly to generate graphs (and answers.) It is easy
to export the cells containing the graphs as EPS. Probably everyone
knows how to do this, but just in case...

First, select the region with the graph by clicking on it.
Next, in the "Edit" menu, select "Save Selection As" and choose EPS.
Then, if you want to add text or otherwise alter the graphic, open it
in Illustrator and make the changes (and save the file as EPS.)
Whether or not you've changed it in Illustrator, if you then open
this EPS in TeXShop, presto, a nice PDF that you can include easily
in LaTeX.

This probably is not what you had in mind (you probably wanted the
nice notebooks created in Mathematica to export directly to LaTeX),
but as long as I can get the gorgeous graphs into my own LaTeX text,
I'm happy.

David Derbes