[OS X TeX] Setting up PDFtricks on MacOS10.4

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Nov 29 00:02:06 CET 2005

On Nov 28, 2005, at 4:49 PM, Christopher Allen wrote:

> I'll preface this with: It's Alive!!! Thank you, Herb!!!

I'm glad you're up and running now.

> Here's an added oddity. With the new i-Installer, when I got that
> 2.27.0 message and moved on, it didn't give me all the options
> after choosing Install & Configure. So I've gone back and am
> reinstalling teTeX again using the same new i-Installer. This time
> it gave me all the TL2005, etc. options that it didn't give me the
> previous time. I honestly have no clue why this would be. I really
> wish I'd taken screenshots through this whole process. Something
> clearly very odd has been occurring. It's not like I've been hand-
> defining paths or anything like that that ought to get me in
> trouble with a mistake. I've just been clicking on the i-Installer
> buttons to have i-Installer handle everything for me.
> Unfortunately, without the screenshots, I won't be able to go back
> and identify things well for those who write the programs.

When you first open the package it shows you what you've already got.
To update that information you should always go to the Pkg Properties
tab and click on Update Self from Remote. That will download the
latest package information and display it.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)