[OS X TeX] How to set a path in OS X.4

Georg Verweyen verweyen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 23:41:07 CET 2005

Maarten Sneep schrieb:

> Did you repair the permissions with Disk Utility?

No. How can I?

> The new TL2005, a.k.a. MacTeX? Or i-Installer, TL 2005 binaries/layout?

TL 2005 5weeks old beta image with texins-sh (or what was the name of
the file?).

> I still recommend you install the ghostscript i-Package, but you can
> add the path to your .bashrc or .profile (I always forget which is
> best).
>
> export PATH="${PATH}:/usr/local/bin"

Ah! Couldn't the Mac-Help point to this somehow?
Hm ... not too surprisingly that didn't change anything on the
pstopdf-thing running stuck.

TeX on a Mac is a strange combination of graphical click'n'drop and Unix
hacking ...

Still a bit confused, Georg