[OS X TeX] Large Figure in Document? (and slow response of TeXShop)

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Nov 21 14:44:09 CET 2005

On Nov 21, 2005, at 1:04 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

>> If there are math-labels, then I'd usually use WaRMreader Marked-
>> Objects
>> for control over these at the LaTeX level. (But sometimes I just
>> do it
>> all in Illustrator.)
>
> For years I have been telling I should give WaRMreader and Gary's
> and Francesco's plugin a try, but I still haven't, and I am still
> using Illustrator for everything including math labels. Difficult
> to move to a new tool, when you're experienced with one!
>
> Bruno Voisin

Howdy,

I had terrible problems with using math labels (mostly in Lucida
Bright --- my favorite font) in Illustrator. They just got scrambled
and had missing glyphs, etc. Using WarmReader fixed that up and I
could change document fonts fairly easily too. I haven't tried
LaTeXiT with Illustrator but my past experience with pdf from other
good equation editors is that Illustrator re-maps the fonts and
things are back to garbage.

Eventually I switched to Create for making figures and that works
great. It also supports LinkBack so you can re-edit a label in
LaTeXiT easily. I think I first heard about Create (part of Stone
Studio Suite, from Stone Design <http://www.stone.com/>) from Gerben;
decided to try it out and really like it.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)