[OS X TeX] block comment

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Nov 17 12:17:36 CET 2005

Le 16 nov. 05 à 21:45, George Gratzer a écrit :

> P.S. TeXShop does not like my book; it refuses to typeset it. It says:
>
> [...]
> (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/context/base/supp-pdf.tex
> (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/context/base/supp-mis.tex
> ! Missing endcsname inserted.
> <to be read again>
>                    relax
> l.152 ...contextobject \donetrue \do \newif\ifdone
>                                                    \fi
> ?
> Process aborted

This happens when LaTeX is processing the ConTeXt macro file supp-
mis.tex. Why this file (and the accompanying supp-pdf.tex) is read in
LaTeX is beyond me. At some point if I remember correctly they were
even included during the compilation of the LaTeX format. Are these
files called explicitly in your document TheLaTeXBook.tex?

The error looks like an incompatibility between redefinitions you
might have done (for example in TheLaTeXBook.sty) and those inside
supp-mis.tex. In particular, the error message you get looks like
those when a command that should have been \protect'ed hasn't, and
you will notice that supp-mis.tex fusses with \protect and \unprotect.

I searched through the whole /usr/local/teTeX/ with BBEdit for
occurrences of supp-mis.tex. It seems to be included by mptopdf and
mfpic; see also /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/pdftex/
examples/example.tex.

Hope this helps,