[OS X TeX] tex files and mdimport

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Nov 15 22:45:40 CET 2005

On Nov 14, 2005, at 2:02 PM, Richard Koch wrote:

> My only fear is that there will end up being several tex indexers;
> let's try to avoid that by adopting one, say
> Adams. I'd like to distribute it with TeXShop, so I hope your
> license scheme permits that and permits similar
> distribution by other front ends, etc.
>
> Dick

Howdy,

I just grabbed the mdimporter used with YACED, <http://
yaced.sourceforge.net/> (had the pkg put it on my Desktop --- I don't
like magic --- placed it in /Library/Spotlight/ and rebooted
(needed?)) and it seems to work. I'd rather we have one that we can
all agree on so the question becomes... when a ``standardized''
version comes out will I only have to replace the YACED one, or force
a restart of the indexing, or ... ?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)