[OS X TeX] tex files and mdimport

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Nov 14 21:23:30 CET 2005

On Nov 14, 2005, at 1:42 PM, Adam Maxwell wrote:

> I don't think they should have been searched in the first place, so
> Spotlight is probably working (more) correctly now.  I wrote up a
> trivial importer that indexes .tex files by file content, \author,
> and \title.  Any other LaTeX commands that would be worth trying to
> parse for metadata?  If this would be useful, I'll release it under
> a BSD license as part of the mactextoolbox (if Maarten is agreeable).
>
> -- Adam

Howdy,

I'd like that! After all, these are files that contain a reasonable
amount of content we'd like to be able to search. I'm using Spotlight
more and more and, while not super fast on my 550MHz TiBook, I'm
fairly happy with its speed. By using SpotlightIndexer (with its
Force Search preference checked) or mdimport -f it will even index
directories it usually ``misses;'' e.g., /usr/local/teTeX/.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)