[OS X TeX] fresh convert

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Tue Nov 15 01:13:30 CET 2005

Hi Andi,

Welcome :)

Check out http://tug.org for links to relevant choices for Mac OS X. Most
people seem to prefer Gerben's i-installer and TeXShop. It makes it simpler to
install and update, and use.

All the useful packages you should need can be got from most of the CTAN
mirrors. Links are on the tug site.

You can also get the TeX Live DVD from there, which has installers for all the
major OSs. This is what I prefer to use. If you join tug you will receive the
DVD each year and other really useful things.

HIH
Alan Litchfield