[OS X TeX] OT-File ownership

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Fri Nov 4 23:42:16 CET 2005

Folks,

Nov 4, 2005, at 1:34 PM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> A solution to this seemingly common problem was posted today on Mac
> OS X Hints:
>
> http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20051104055843452

The listed web page says the problem is caused by applications which
did not provide
a value for the CFBundleIdentifier key, and it recomments opening up
the application's
bundle and modifying the Info.plist file to include a value for this
key.

However, TeXShop has always provided a value for the key. So no cigar.

The above web page directs users to a thread on Apple's Discussion
board, where the
CFBundleIdentifier fix is listed,. But later messages in the thread
point out several applications
which have this problem and yet have a CFBundleIdentifier.
Mathematica is one of these
applications.

I'd like to know a general solution. Keep working.

Dick
koch at math.uoregon.edu

PS: This problem did occur here (and I know that many users will be
happy to hear about it
as revenge for problems they have had).  In my case, the problem was
fixed by RCDefaultApps.