[OS X TeX] OT -- Spotlight

Rene Borgella macmechanic at fastmail.fm
Fri May 27 20:44:10 CEST 2005

Hi all:

>There are a few other gripes, e.g., the Finder
>Find is crippled since it is Spotlight based and
>won't look into ``hidden'' folders like /bin/.
>I'm back to using Locator, which uses the locate
>database (updated automatically by Macaroni
>every week), to do those kinds of searches.

from a friend regarding if you want to turn Spotlight off:

if you want Spotlight really off you have to edit
/etc/hostconfig and change the line that reads
'SPOTLIGHT=-YES-' to 'SPOTLIGHT=-NO-'. The best
way of doing it might be to escalate to a root
shell and use vi.

also see <http://www.rixstep.com/2/20050523,02.html>

HTH

René