[OS X TeX] [OT] Mail & Top Posting

Justin Walker justin at mac.com
Fri May 27 18:18:07 CEST 2005

On May 27, 2005, at 9:10, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 27 mai 05 à 15:57, Herbert Schulz a écrit :
>
>> One thing I don't like is that Mail encourages top posting in replies
>> since the cursor is initially at the top of the page. I've got my
>> Signature at the bottom of the page, where I want it, but I'd like
>> the cursor to start just below the quoted text. Is there a way for me
>> to have Mail do that?
>
> I thought there was an option in Mail to control that (top-posting or
> bottom-posting), but I can't find it any longer now.

I don't recall ever seeing such an option in Mail.  I've always just
snipped my way to the sites I want to insert comemnts...

[snip]
> One more thing about Mail in Tiger: it uses a custom format for
> mailboxes, no longer the Unix format which was the norm up to and
> including Panther

Not so custom; I think it's the old MH-style mailboxes (directory per
mailbox; file per message).  MH was a collection of "small" commands
for handling mail, and this approach seemed to work better (for MH, at
any rate).  Not as old as the 'mbox' approach, but it's been around for
20++ years.

Just another $0.02 (0.0005 euros ;-})

Cheers,

Justin