[OS X TeX] texti2html

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sun May 22 23:54:46 CEST 2005

On 22 May 2005, at 23:40, Google Kreme wrote:

> On 21 May 2005, at 13:06 , Rene Borgella wrote:
>

>> Did you try "htlatex" ?
>>

> I have no such executable in my path (see below)
>

> On 21 May 2005, at 08:53 , Peter Dyballa wrote:
>

>> Recently there where threads about tex4ht, which converts (La)TeX
>> to HTML and comes in an i-Package. Besides latex2html there too is
>> hevea: http://pauillac.inria.fr/~maranget/hevea/
>>

> I don't se a tex4ht in i-installer either.  Where is it?

It is part of a normal TeX i-Package install. There is no separate i-
Package these days.

> I did a `locate htlatex`  and found this:
>
> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin6.8/htlatex

So, #1, there is something amiss with your PATH.

> but that resulted in lots of errors.
>
> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin6.8/htlatex mydoc.tex "html"
> This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.4.5)
> kpathsea: Running mktexfmt latex.fmt
> fmtutil: config file `fmtutil.cnf' not found.
> I can't find the format file `latex.fmt'!

That is a pretty old TeX. The oldest TeX that is in the TeX i-Package is

TeX (Web2C 7.5.2) 3.141592
kpathsea version 3.5.2

> This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.4.5)
> kpathsea: Running mktexfmt latex.fmt
> fmtutil: config file `fmtutil.cnf' not found.
> I can't find the format file `latex.fmt'!
> This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.4.5)
> kpathsea: Running mktexfmt latex.fmt
> fmtutil: config file `fmtutil.cnf' not found.
> I can't find the format file `latex.fmt'!
> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin6.8/htlatex: line 5:
> tex4ht: command not found
> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin6.8/htlatex: line 6: t4ht:
> command not found

This is probably the same problem. As your PATH is erroneous, htlatex
cannot start the programs. "which" can tell you if it is found.

$ which tex4ht
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/tex4ht

My guess: there is a second very old TeX on your system without
TeX4ht and while the i-Package got installed correctly, the TeX you
are actually using is another one.

Try

     which tex

on the command line to find out which one you are actually using. And
check your environment because it is causing your problems. The command

     env

tells you what is in there.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>