[OS X TeX] Memoir class and references

Damon Muller MacOSXTeX at damonam.ml1.net
Wed May 18 08:30:44 CEST 2005

Thanks to all who responded. I think I have it sorted out now. It
seems that I didn't actually need the 'thebibliography' environment,
as I was using BibTeX. This isn't clear in the Memoir documentation
(and I'm not so familiar with LaTeX that I intuitively knew it).

For the purposes of the list archive, the way I finally got apacite
and Memoir to co-exist and give me a new chapter for my reference
list was to use the command:

\usepackage[numberedbib,bibnewpage,nosectionbib,tocbib]{apacite}

I'm not sure if it's _all_ necessary, but that works. This is quite a
bit more than I had to do to get it running under the standard LaTeX
classes.

> Just use BibTeX, and all will be provided. That is a description,
> as far as I can see, of the standard bibliography environment -
> typically generated with BibTeX. May I suggest you investigate the
> use of BibDesk to manage your databases?

Yes, I've been using BibDesk for a couple of years now, and it's
certainly progressing nicely. I'd be lost without it.

--
It so happens that I have mail-order degrees in muderology and
murderonomy.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>