[OS X TeX] Hyperlinks not working in TeXShop 2.01

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri May 6 12:09:03 CEST 2005

It seems hyperlinks aren't working in TeXShop 2.01 on Tiger. Assuming
a hyperlink is created in the way mentioned at TeXShop's site <http://
www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/changes.html>, then in TeXShop's
preview window the hyperlink appears as a hyperlink, when leaving the
mouse pointer on it a small yellow box arises displaying the URL, but
clicking on the hyperlink does nothing. I've verified in Preview.app
that the hyperlink works indeed as it should (ie clicking on it opens
the corresponding page in Safari.app).

I've tried several hyperlinks, putting in the preamble:

\usepackage[colorlinks=true,
             bookmarks=true,
             pdfstartview=FitH]{hyperref}

and then in the document, for example:

\href{http://w3.msi.vxu.se/~bni/wavephenomena05/}{Conference on
Mathematical Modelling of Wave Phenomena}

In both pdfTeX, putting "pdftex" as a package option, and in XeTeX,
putting "dvipdfm" as a package option, the result is the same. Thus
it seems the problem lies in the preview window itself.

Bruno Voisin
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>