[OS X TeX] wrapfig and latex/pdflatex

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Sat Jul 9 03:26:28 CEST 2005

Hi, all,

I'm using TeXShop on Mac OS X on 10.3.9, and having a problem with
the 'floatflt' environment: following the 'floatingtable' instance,
all paragraphs (started with hard newline) have their first two lines
indented to align with the text flowing around (to the right of) the
table.

In trying to resolve this (which hasn't happened yet), it was
suggested (on the texhax list) to try 'wrapfig'.

That didn't work either.  The problem with wrapfig is that I can't
get the table to appear where I want it.  The author has looked at
'wrapfig', and has found a bug.  However, his fix doesn't work with
TeXShop.

I noticed that TeXShop is set up to use pdflatex, so I tried this by
hand and got the same result.  However, I got correct results when I
run 'latex' by hand.

Anyone got a clue here?  I'm kind of stumped.

This is on 10.3.9 with a kind-of-old install from Gerben.  I've got a
more recent install from Gerben on a 10.4.1 system, and the problems
there are even skankier (so I won't go into them here).

Regards,

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large