[OS X TeX] Digests

John Vokey vokey at uleth.ca
Mon Jul 4 04:31:56 CEST 2005

Well, I for one, would not appreciate it.  I often have to access my
email in various ways from various devices, from sophisticated mail
programs that, yes, I can program to vector the individual list
emails appropriately, to completely-stunned web-mail apps that either
don't allow it, or are on a machine or account that I am using for
the first time (been at a web cafe recently?).  In the last two
cases, I really do not want to sort through the now thousands of
emails associated with the lists I belong to; in digest mode, the
thousands reduce to tens; tens I can handle.

On 3-Jul-05, at 6:00 PM, TeX on Mac OS X Mailing List wrote:

> What do digest users think -- can I eliminate the digests for this
> list and move you all over to the "regular" list format? Is there a
> compelling reason to keep the digests?
>
> -- Gary

- JRV
--
There are 10 kinds of people:  those who understand binary, and those
who don't

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>