[OS X TeX] iWork

Alexandre Enkerli aenkerli at indiana.edu
Sun Jan 23 04:21:12 CET 2005

Le samedi, 22 jan 2005, à 21:57 America/Indianapolis, Will Robertson a
écrit :
> The possibilities could be exciting, for doing a "rough layout" in
> Pages and transferring that to TeX, but I think that it would be a
> *lot* of work transforming all of Pages concepts to TeX.
Actually, my ideas were more about using both TeX and iWork
(Pages+Keynote) as parallel output options or using TeX elements in
iWork documents. People have been talking about using Equation Service
to add TeX equations to Keynote. This should still be doable in iWork.
But it could be more elaborate and/or more automatic.
Then there might be issues with bibliographies and BibTeX. This could
be discussed with regards to BibDesk. Chances are that this might be
the beginning of an interesting period for TeX-conscious Mac OS X users.

To be honest, I haven't thought so much about the details. One good
thing about all of this is that the concept of word processors seems to
finally change in people's minds. Or, at least, there's a high level of
discussion about those things we care about as TeX users.

Cheers!

Alex
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>