[OS X TeX] iWork and TeX

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Sun Jan 23 03:57:14 CET 2005

On 23 Jan 2005, at 7:32 AM, Alexandre Enkerli wrote:

> Now that Apple's iWork has been released did some of you see any way
> to integrate Keynote and Pages documents with TeX?
<snip>
> On the other hand, a good XML format might mean some interesting
> things in terms of TeX integration, possibly through ConTeXt.

I think you're correct with the XML angle. Keynote 1 used an XML
format, so there's no reason to think that Pages will be different.

However, the actual transformation from XML is something I don't have
any idea about. The possibilities could be exciting, for doing a "rough
layout" in Pages and transferring that to TeX, but I think that it
would be a *lot* of work transforming all of Pages concepts to TeX.

Regards,
Will

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>