[OS X TeX] Semi-OT

Jason Davies ucgajpd at ucl.ac.uk
Sat Jan 22 16:31:57 CET 2005

I have been asked to lead a discussion for students and staff about
presenting documents. I doubt very much that any will be inclined to use
LaTeX but what would be useful is an overview of why we use it - in
terms of aesthetics, readability etc (why those large margins? kind of
thing.) I think the idea is that people may consider applying such
principles to (presumably) Word documents (eg choice of fonts, width of
page, number of lines etc).

I realise that this may or may not be of wider interest to the list so I
also ask that if anyone has strong feelings about it not being
appropriate, a brief message to the list can steer these to me
personally. But then again, we might all learn something...!

thanks.
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>