[OS X TeX] OT? advice for a windows-using friend

John A. Johnson johajohn at indiana.edu
Sat Jan 15 04:38:53 CET 2005

A friend of mine mentioned the other day that he was using Scientific
Word to do his PhD in physics, and that when he was done he would have
to either buy it or use something else; he's using a license from his
university in Ankara.

I mentioned LaTeX and the pdfsync work that has been done here and he
was quite interested, until I told him that this was all for OS X. He
asked whether such a thing existed for Windows.

ISTR that question coming up here before, and the aswer being 'no.' Is
this the case? In any event, are there places for Windows TeX users
similar to the wonderful OS X TeX site of Joe Slater & Gary Gray? I'm
going to talk to him about OS X, and maybe he'll be interested, but I
do want to be able to help him out even if he doesn't want to come over
to the Mac side. References and URL's would be much appreciated. TIA

John A. Johnson
History and Philosophy of Science
Indiana University

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>