[OS X TeX] TeXshop and Makefiles/preprocessor and multiple .tex files

Johan Glimming glimming at kth.se
Tue Feb 22 13:57:50 CET 2005

Hello

> To the shell script: it prints each command before it gets executed,
> set -o xtrace prints all commands (including those within shell
> scripts. Both are great debugging tools for scripting the shell. I
> don't know if it will make a difference, but I /think/ the script
> should have its executable bit set: chmod a+x Make.engine

Hm, something is probably wrong with my texshop preferences. I have
written "Make" in the two textboxes in Preferences-Misc-Personal
Scipts. But now, after restarting TeXShop, I instead get this output
from pressing Typeset:

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-1.10b (Web2C 7.4.5)
  \write18 enabled.
(./thesis.tex{/sw/share/texmf/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg}
LaTeX2e <2001/06/01>

i.e. it seems as if TeXshop is not running my Make.engine* file, but
instead uses pdftex. (My Makefile uses texi2dvi etc and is silent
unless there are errors.)

(Indeed, I have tried rubber. But I could not see how to control all
the preprocessing steps I wanted. rubber should support lhs2TeX, but I
gave up on using it.)

Johan Glimming.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>