[OS X TeX] TeXShop engine problem?

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at cox.net
Sat Feb 19 16:45:25 CET 2005

On Feb 19, 2005, at 9:17 AM, Maarten Sneep wrote:

> On 19 feb 2005, at 15:01, Stephen Moye wrote:
>
>> I checked permissions, owner and group and they are all the same as
>> other functioning .engine's in the /Engines folder.
>> The file is utf-8.
>
> Which file: the script, or the xetex souce? In that case: make it
> ASCII (though it should not make a difference with the characters that
> are in there, but there may be a byte order mark (BOM) in the way).

I have tried a number of possibilities, but nothing seems to make a
difference. If Genealogue is referenced from the engines menu, the log
is blank, and if I use the %& mechanism, TeX complains of undefined
macros.

>> XGenealogue (the XeTeX .xfmt used by the Genealogue .engine) works
>> perfectly from the commandline.
>>
>> When I attempt to typeset a document using Genealogue (using either
>> the %& mechanism or from the menu -- it does show up there), the log
>> file is blank and nothing happens -- no typesetting is done, but no
>> errors show either. All of the other .engine's (including one I
>> modified for XeTeX specifying legal landscape paper) work ok.
>
> If you run, in the terminal:
>     ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Genealogue.engine yourfile.tex
> you should get some more feedback. I'm not sure how TeXShop handles
> the working directory,
> but the alternative script below should make that clear.

 From the command line I get this:

10:33: Genealogy_Folder ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Genealogue.engine
GeneTSTest2.tex
10:34: Genealogy_Folder cd ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/

Hmmm...

I am at my wits' end...

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>