[OS X TeX] Can I Make Pdftricks Even Faster?

Vince McGarry vmcgarry at austin.rr.com
Sat Feb 5 07:35:37 CET 2005

Hi Herb,

Thanks for all your work on this---I have tried your modified pdftricks and
it works well.

Last night I tried ps4pdf, preparing all the files listed on the download
site and storing them in the appropriate locations. It was a little time
consuming, but not very hard.

Everything works fine up until the last command in the script---TeXShop
displays the pdf of the graphics that are to end up in the final file and
then the script apparently bails out. At that point I can manually pdflatex
the file and the graphics are embedded properly. I am still experimenting.
If anyone knows how to alter the script so that it will complete the final
step, compiling a document with embedded postscript under TeXShop with
pdflatex would be completely automated using ps4pdf.

There is a difference between how pdftricks and ps4pdf work. It can be seen
in how ps4pdf respects the declared picture size and does not trim to the
content. Also, rather that making an individual file for each graphic, one
file containing all the graphics is created.

I'm starting to agree with Michael that ps4pdf may be the best way to
go---I'd sure like to get that last step automated, though.

Vince

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>