[OS X TeX] Where did Minion go?

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Sat Dec 17 20:13:52 CET 2005

On Dec 17, 2005, at 8:41 AM, Peder Axensten wrote:

> I just updated to Gerben's latest, last time was a year ago.
> Almost every time I do this I run into problems with "my own"
> fonts, mainly Adobe Minion and Garamond.
> I'd really like to sort this problem out once and for all, I though
> I did it after the last update, but...
> I don't really know much about LaTeX and fonts and I'd really
> appreciate some help.
>
> I've run
> sudo updmap
> sudo texhash
> after the update, but I get a bunch of
>
> Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin6.8/pdflatex
> (file pmnrd8x):
> Font pmnrd8x at 1037 not found
> kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+437/600 --
> dpi 1037 pmnrd8r
> mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for pmnrd8r.
>
> and the resulting pdf lacks the Minion font.

See October archives of this list

http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/2005-October/thread.html

specially the thread "New TeX i-Packages release". For system-wide
configuration, you now have to use `sudo updmap-sys `. Most likely,
because you used `sudo updmap `, you'll have lots of config files
(owned by root) in ~/Library/texmf/web2c/.

I think you better remove this web2c directory and try again with
`sudo updmap-sys `.

Best regards,

Axel