[OS X TeX] bibtex cannot find my files

Christian Jost jost at cict.fr
Wed Dec 14 16:12:08 CET 2005

Dear all,

after a clean reinstall of Tiger and tetex (on a new disk, so no
residuals from previous installations should persist) bibtex cannot
find any longer my own files that I had put as symbolic links in
~/Library/textmf
This placement had worked fine under 10.2, but now I cannot make it
work. Even if I put copies of my bst and bib files into
/sw/share/textmf-dist/bibtex
bibtex doesn't find them. My questions are therefore
a) where should I put personal .bst and .bib files for bibtex to find them?
b) is there a command or configuration file that will tell me where
bibtex is looking for these files?

Thanks a lot for any help, Christian.
http://cognition.ups-tlse.fr/vas-y.php?id=chj  jost at cict.fr
Christian Jost                                   (PhD, MdC)
Centre de Recherches sur la Cognition Animale
Universite Paul Sabatier, Bat IV R3
118 route de Narbonne
31062 Toulouse cedex 9, France
Tel: +33 5 61 55 64 37   Fax: +33 5 61 55 61 54