[OS X TeX] Any other surviving Textures users?

AES siegman at stanford.edu
Sat Aug 27 04:47:19 CEST 2005

This message is primarily a "fishing expedition":   I'm one of the
holdouts still happily using "Textures219d1", which I obtained from
Blue Sky not too many months ago, under Classic on OS 10.3.9, and
having just discovered this list, I'm simply attempting to see if
there are any others also still doing the same.

I'm not encountering any major problems (in speed or otherwise) in
continuing to use Textures, although printing typeset output directly
from Classic is still "iffy" with frequent PostScript error messages
(perhaps I don't have the right Classic driver for my HP 6MP
installed).  Printing to a .ps file on the desktop, then opening that
file in Acrobat Standard 7.0 always works, however.

One minor problem when editing LaTeX source files with the "Flash"
and "LaTeX mode" options turned on are intermittent, seemingly random
dialog boxes that say

     I'm having trouble with "myFile.aux"  (in use)

If I click these boxes away, typesetting proceeds with no visible
problems -- just the occasional annoying interruptions every few
minutes.  It's been suggested that this may result from some OS X
background application intermittently checking the open .aux file --
e.g., Spotlight, except I'm still in Panther and don't yet have
spotlight.

Any suggestions appreciated.
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>