[OS X TeX] Version control of documents in TeXShop

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Aug 12 00:44:50 CEST 2005

Le 12 août 05 à 00:25, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

> Le 12 août 05 à 00:02, Andrew Kurtz a écrit :
>
>> Is there any support in TeXShop for document version control?  Has
>> this topic been discussed before?  I suppose I could use an
>> external editor that worked with CVS, but I like the TexShop
>> editor.  I've never tried setting up an external editor to know
>> how well it integrates with TeXShop.
>
> Have you had a look at iTeXMac? I seem to remember reading stuff
> about CVS and iTeXMac, but I can't remember exactly what it was:
> whether CVS support is included in iTeXMac, or whether its is
> planned for a future version, or whether the stuff was clues from
> iTeXMac users about adding CVS support to iTeXMac, or whether it
> wasn't about iTeXMac after all.

I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but among the external
editors there are BBEdit and Alpha which include CVS support; Alpha,
in particular, has extended TeX functionalities.

That said, I still belong to the group of people who wonder why they
would ever want version control. Given I'm writing mostly single-
author documents, I consider that for the moment it would take more
time to learn how this works, install it and customize it to suit my
needs, than to do things manually as I've ever done.

All that to say, I know nothing about any version control system
(CVS, subversion, etc.) actually.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>