[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT 1.4.0 beta

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Aug 8 08:55:53 CEST 2005

Le 7 août 05 à 22:56, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> Full success with this header:
>
>     \documentclass[10pt]{article}
>     \usepackage{color} %used for font color
>     \usepackage{osxfonts}
>     \DeclareFontFamily{U}{osx}{}
>     \DeclareFontShape{U}{osx}{m}{n}{<-> "Hoefler\space Text"}{}
>     \DeclareSymbolFont{break}{U}{osx}{m}{n}

I'm not sure about this preamble: osxfonts.sty is an example file
from the XeTeX distribution, in the Samples folder, not a part of the
texmf tree. It is used in the other sample file LaTeX-font-
access.ltx, which contains the warning:

%%% NOTE that the osxfonts.sty package used here is a quick-and-dirty
hack
%%% and should be replaced by Will Robertson's far more extensive
"fontspec" package
%%% (see http://scripts.sil.org/xetex_related)

I would suggest considering that a XeTeX user has always installed
the two additional packages fontspec (by Will Robertson) and xunicode
(by Ross Moore), and hence to use a preamble like:

     \documentclass[10pt]{article}
     \usepackage{color} % for color
     \usepackage{amssymb} % for math symbol
     \usepackage{amsmath} % for math constructs
     \usepackage{fontspec} % for AAT/OT fonts
     \usepackage{xunicode} % for Unicode accents
     \setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Hoefler Text}

I'm cc'ing this message to the XeTeX list, in case people there have
suggestions on the issue.

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>