[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT 1.4.0 beta

Pierre Chatelier pierre.chatelier at club-internet.fr
Mon Aug 8 10:27:22 CEST 2005

> Full success with this header:
>
>     \documentclass[10pt]{article}
>     \usepackage{color} %used for font color
>     \usepackage{osxfonts}
>     \DeclareFontFamily{U}{osx}{}
>     \DeclareFontShape{U}{osx}{m}{n}{<-> "Hoefler\space Text"}{}
>     \DeclareSymbolFont{break}{U}{osx}{m}{n}
>
> There are just two things that are not working: scaling and
> colouring the output.

I have installed xelatex, to test problems.

For color, the problem is that with pdflatex, I was used to globally
set the color by adding
\color[rgb]{red green blue} in the _preamble_. With xelatex, it seems
required to put it in the body of the document. Am I wrong  with
pdflatex and should I not put \color[rgb]{...} in the preamble ?

For scaling, it appears that the bounding box that I computed by :
gs -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=bbox -dBATCH -q foo.pdf
fails on pdf files produced by xelatex.

Pierre
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>