[OS X TeX] Japanese and LaTeX

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Apr 20 21:52:16 CEST 2005

Am 20.04.2005 um 20:10 schrieb Roger Hart:

> I agree that it is probably the map file.
>
> My notes on my 2005/02/27 installation of CJK, after my installation
> using i-Installer of TeX (full install), using Olivier Delloye's
> extremely helpful and detailed instructions on CJK, state:
>
> Couldn't get cyberbit to work, even following [Olivier's] directions
> exactly. Seemed not to find cyberbit.map, so I added one line
>
> Map cyberbit.map
>
> to updmap.cfg in web2c in texmf.local tree, did a "sudo updmap" then
> it worked fine.

You shouldn't do that! The correct way is to 'sudo updmap --enable
Map=cyberbit' and having the map file saved for example in
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/dvips/updmap and done
'sudo texhash' before. /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
records for that reason:

	% font name map files.
	TEXFONTMAPS = .;$TEXMF/fonts/map//

> I think this is incorrect (and there seem to be other errors, noted at
> the bottom of the page). In the updmap.cfg file, it has these
> instructions, which seems to suggest (to me at least) that you should
> be using "Map" not "MixedMap":

cyberbit.map is a plain Map file since there are no PK font files
around.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped. - Groucho Marx

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>