[OS X TeX] Beginner: bibliography strategy?

Martin Wehlou osxtex at wehlou.com
Sat Apr 9 10:23:41 CEST 2005

Hi, all,

I'm a total beginner in TeX, though I'm able to rudimentary text editing
and getting output to dvi. Good, I'm proud of myself. I'm also new to
Macs, even though I've done Windows programming since MS Windows V 1.04,
so I do recognize a computer when I see one.

But I need to work with bibliographies. I like the way EndNote (running
the demo) lets me access MedLine directly, then saves the retrieved
abstracts and data to its own database. Now I'd like to go from there to
TeX, somehow.

My question is not necessarily a step-by-step tutorial (some things one
has to do for one self...), but the general strategies. That is, assume
a Max, with OS X. What bibliography software would you use (free or
commercial)? How do I easily get references from there to TeX? (The
editor I'm using is BBEdit, by the way).

Martin

-- Dr. J. Martin Wehlou MD, CISSP
www.wehlou.com
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>