[OS X TeX] Beginner: bibliography strategy?

Rick and Karla Gross gross at pldtdsl.net
Sat Apr 9 10:43:20 CEST 2005

Download the fantastic and very stable open source application called
BibDesk.   Use it to enter and store your Medline bibtex entries.
Bibdesk is a bibliographic database with a great OS X Aqua GUI that
to me feels and looks like Endnote (its a heck of a lot more stable
than the latest versions of Endnote though).

http://bibdesk.sourceforge.net/

 From there,  if you are using Texshop as your front end you can drag
and drop references from Bibdesk into your Texshop document text
editor.  Although I can not speak for other OS X Tex applications I
can say that TexShop and Bibdesk make for a great and very easy to
use combo for generating scientific articles with customized
references and graphics.

Lastly, make sure to install the natbib package as it will allow for
complete customization of bibliographic styles in your Tex document.

Hope this helps.

Rick

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>