[OS X TeX] letter size paper in tetex and TeXshop

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Mon Sep 13 15:52:09 CEST 2004

On Sep 13, 2004, at 9:25 AM, Sylvan Jacques wrote:

> I can't tell by looking if tetex and/or Texshop
> is using letter or a4 size paper.
> I want letter size since I am in the US. I recall when installing tetex
> that I was asked if I wanted letter size--I said yes.
>
> I don't know about TeXshop.
>
> Does this mean that all programs in tetex are set for letter size?
>
> I was reading the tetex FAQ and it says to use texconfig to
> change paper size. Is this necessary? Or was it done automatically
> when tetex was installed, and I answered yes to letter size?

The installer default is A4. You have to tell it that you want
lettersize. The easiest thing to do is to simply run the i-Installer,
open TeX, and then click "Configure Only" to set the paper size. You
can also do this on a document-by-document basis or with the command
line, but there might be some other things you want to configure in the
process.

Via the Terminal, you can issue:

texconfig dvips paper letter

and