[OS X TeX] problem with new TeX i-Package

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Tue Oct 26 09:42:47 CEST 2004

> Gerben—
>
> Removing and reinstalling the ConTeXt updater was the key. I can now
> process my documents using ConTeXt. What a relief!So, many thanks for
> your help.
>
> One oddity. I now get the following in the console file:
> __________________________
> Warning: pdfetex (file
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/updm
> ap/pdftex.map): fontmap entry for `mtex' already exists, duplicates
> ignored
>
> Warning: pdfetex (file
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/updm
> ap/pdftex.map): fontmap entry for `mtsy' already exists, duplicates
> ignored
>
> Warning: pdfetex (file
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/updm
> ap/pdftex.map): fontmap entry for `rmtmi' already exists, duplicates
> ignored
> __________________________
> What does this mean and what should I do about it, if anything? (I am
> less than a novice at Unix.)

Most likely: there are duplicates of map files still in your trees and
both are included by updmap.

To see what happens, try this in a Terminal window and send me the output
(or send it on the list it is  not that much and it is instructive)

    sudo updmap

Most likely we will see that there still is some old file in an old
location that is also still included. I can then see if I can remedy such
a problem in my TeX and ConTeXt updater i-Packages

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>