[OS X TeX] What Happened to Latin Modern?

Marc Charpentier marc.charpentier at 3virgule14.net
Mon Oct 25 09:38:54 CEST 2004

Hello all,

After installing TL2004 on saturday, all went well.
But suddenly, problems appeared (at midnight :-) ) when I had to add a
MetaPost figure to my document.

Symptom 1:
a TeXShop crash (which I never experienced until now) due to (so I
think) to
	\DeclareGraphicsRule{*}{mps}{*}{}
because including the graphic after conversion to pdf worked fine;

Symptom 2:
I added labels to my graphic - which caused GhostScript to terminate
with an error
	Error: /undefined in cmmi7
  when called by epstopdf.
(That seems to explain the TeXShop crash: it cannot handle error
messages from GhostScript.)

I tried:

> Please re-run configure for your i-Package and (when asked to) update
> first.
> It is possible that the fix solves your problem.

which simply annihilated my LatinModern setup:

	Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi 600
cork-lmri9
	mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for cork-lmri9.
	kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.

I tried a reinstall - to no avail.

Switching to cm-super restored my document.
I'm confused as this is the first time I experience a configuration
problem with my TeX installation.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Marc Charpentier